The Real Estate Market Has Changed…Remember not so long ago, when you could make your fortune in real estate. It was nothing then to buy a home, wait a short while, and then sell it at a tidy profit.
And then do it all over again.
Well, as you probably know, times have changed. As good as the market is right now, home prices are still below what they were at their peak. Buyers are far more discriminating, and a large percentage of the homes listed for sale never sell. It’s more critical than ever to learn what you need to know to avoid costly seller mistakes in order to sell your home fast and for the most amount of money.
The 7 Deadly Mistakes Most Homesellers Make
1. Failing to analyze why they are selling.
2. Not preparing their home for the buyer’s eye.
3. Pricing their homes incorrectly.
4. Selling too hard during showings.
5. Signing a long-term listing agreement without a written performance guarantee.
6. Making it difficult for buyers to get information on their homes.
7. Failing to obtain a pre-approved mortgage for one’s next home.
The 9 Step System to Get Your Home Sold Fast and For Top DollarSelling your home is one of the most important steps in your life. This 9 step system will give you the tools you need to maximize your profits, maintain control, and reduce the stress that comes with the home-selling process:
1. Know why you’re selling, and keep it to yourself.The reasons behind your decision to sell affect everything from setting a price to deciding how much time and money to invest in getting your home ready for sale. What’s more important to you: the money you walk away with, the length of time your property is on the market or both? Different goals will dictate different strategies.
However, don’t reveal your motivation to anyone else or they may use it against you at the negotiating table. When asked, simply say that your housing needs have changed.
2. Do your homework before setting a price.Settling on an offering price shouldn’t be done lightly. Once you’ve set your price, you’ve told buyers the absolute maximum they have to pay for your home, but pricing too high is as dangerous as pricing too low. Remember that the average buyer is looking at 15-20 homes at the same time they are considering yours. This means that they have a basis of comparison, and if your home doesn’t compare favorably with others in the price range you’ve set, you won’t be taken seriously by prospects or agents. As a result, your home will sit on the market for a long time and, knowing this, new buyers on the market will think there must be something wrong with your home.
3. More homework.(In fact, your agent should do this for you). Find out what homes in your own and similar neighborhoods have sold for in the past 6-12 months, and research what current homes are listed for. That’s certainly how prospective buyers will assess the worth of your home.
4. Find a good real estate agent to represent your needs.Nearly three-quarters of homeowners claim that they wouldn’t use the same realtor who sold their last home. Dissatisfaction boils down to poor communication which results in not enough feedback, lower pricing and strained relations.
These are just a few of the 9 Step System to Get Your Home Sold Fast & For Top Dollar! Are you interested in learning more? Give us a call/text today at 519-317-4922 to receive the full FREE report with NO OBLIGATION!